Visa to Germany
Please verify whether you need a visa to enter Germany. Consult your nearest German Embassy or Consulate, and prior to your visit to them please consult this website.
- A visa takes at least 10 working days to be processed.
- Please apply for your entry visa before June!
- We will send you a letter of invitation to accompany your visa application if you require it.
- Application for your entry visa must be made in person and cannot be delegated.
- Remember that your passport has to be valid for six months after the date on which you leave Germany.
You will need to submit proof of health insurance coverage of at least €30,000 when you apply for a visa at a German Embassy or Consulate. Please enquire from your health insurance/health plan provider whether they cover health costs in Germany. Alternatively, you may submit travel insurance for your trip to Germany. Otherwise we can arrange health insurance cover for you at a cost of approximately €30.
The Summer Academy will start with an informal dinner Sunday evening, 30 June at 19:00 and end Friday, 5 July around 15:30. Please book your return flight on Friday after 17:30 to ensure you can participate to the end of the academy. Flights should be booked to Berlin Tegel Aiport (TXL).
Your accommodation will be covered from Sunday to Friday morning check out. You are welcome to stay additional days at your own cost and we can make the booking for you. The Hotel Grenzfall rate for a single room is 82€ and double room 113€ per night, breakfast included.
Once you have made your travel reservations for your trip to Berlin, please complete the Logistics questionnaire. The information will ensure that we have all your travel information. If you need any additional logistic information, please contact Annelien.